9.17.2007

MP Book Review

I just finished Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell.

This book is well written and disturbing. The writing flows and is almost more like literature than a "book"..you know what I mean?
Disturbing because people like the characters really do exist..in our world, now..in my home state. It's scary.

Follow Ree (not the Pioneer Woman) as she searches to find her daddy. She is 16 but the only responsible person in her family. This book is about a strong girl/woman, drug use, violence, mental illness, lack of education and tradition.

The author is originally from the Ozarks, where this story takes place.

It's a relatively fast read. Not easy chic lit. I highly recommend.

1 comment:

Lucky Gem said...

Are you ready for Big Brother finale? I hate that Dick is still there. Who do you want to win?