I updated my bloggroll thingy..cause it seems like the thing to do. Tell me if you believe you should be there and you aren't...or if your linky thing doesn't work :-)cause that means I didn something wrong.
GO to Sarah and the Goone Squad..her post from the 30th regarding randomness has a link to another blog which has a list w/ video for the top ten Rap Songs that White people like. I'm so embarrased.. he must have been talking about me.. One that cracked me up..tell me.. (white people w/ no rhythm).. have you been to a club, bar etc.. and Jump Around comes on and your drunk ass starts jumping straight up and down..for the whole song or until you realized you spilled your beer jumping and have to go get another one.. or some idiot jumps on your toe??
Man that is some funny stuff.
I almost forgot... Go over to BIDDY she's doing a contest and giving away a pillow and wallpaper. Those are totally not something I would be interested in since I am not creative like that..and they are in colors I would never use. But they are really cute and expensive looking.
2ndly.. Ms Lucky Gem decided to delurk some folks. I think this should be a trend...find your lurkers!! I think I may have a lurker or two... based on the kids that come by I think I do... like who is in Brazil?? So delurk and say hi..why do people not leave comments..is it cause I'm too boring to leave a comment..or are you speechless due to my brillance..yeah that must be it.
Today is November 30th. I have posted every day in the month of November..Who said I can't finish what I start! Oh ... I did.. Well. I proved myself wrong.
Now hopefully I win something.
I am SO ready to go home. I was up at the crackass of dawn today. The red car has a busted belt or something, it's making an aweful noise.. SO I had my friend drive me to work..she is one of those hourly people that is pulling holiday overtime. I was up at 5am this morning...I was out the door by 6am and sitting here working by 7am. It's now 7:45..I'm caught up so I figured I'd get my "day 30" blog out of the way early.
I have no clue what we're doing tonight, I hope it involves watching Shrek 3rd. We ended up watching Meet the Robinsons last time Drew was over and never got to Shrek. Then on Saturday we're going to my MIL to help her put up Christmas decorations then watch the Mizzou Oklahoma game. It is supposed to maybe ice/rain/sleet or something on Saturday into Sunday. I'm crossing my fingers it's just nothing..or rain. If it were snow that would be a different story. I'm going to bring the camera along on Saturday. I want to get some shots of Drew and make Christmas cards. I'm also going to make my FIL a necktie for Chrismas...that Zazzle store thingy on the side. You don't have to buy my pictures. You can use your pictures and create cool gifts. How about getting a T shirt for Grandpa w/ pictures of the kiddos.. or a coffee mug for Grandma w/ her favorite grandpuppy... I think they have some fabulous ideas, I'm totally sold. Yesteday we created a necktie for the big boss w/ our company picture on it.
I have been wanting to go shopping..my BRAIN wants to shop..my heart isn't in it. I have a family discount from Macy's and JJill...I think they both expire on Sunday. I have to get an outfit for the Christmas Party..we do that country club thing every year.. and I also need some new warm pants for work. A black pair. My heart isn't in it though.
LULU did a really cute meme today and I'm going to steal it...cause I like memes!!
The creative Ms LuLu did her homage to her nerdiness which is all encompassed with her unhealthy love of Anderson Cooper..gay or straight.
I have to admit Miss LuLu..Anderson got it going on..if I were a gay man I'd be all over that..and as a side note I would make a great gay man..I love men and I love show tunes!
But on to the meme. 7 random or weird facts about myself; like LuLu I'd like to talk about my geeky, nerdness.
1. I follow the rules. Traffic laws, signs posted on the wall...I even follow a suggestion. I DO what I'm told. I follow whatever an authority figure tells me to do...I don't usually question if this person really IS an authority figure. I am the FIRST person on the plane with me seat belt fastened, seat up and tray table in the upright position... THE FIRST. I will not unsnap my lap belt after we've landed UNTIL the bell dings and the lights go on. You get the idea?
2. I like nerds. I secretly had a crush on Horshack from Welcome Back Kotter.. and a crush on Mr Kotter too.
3. I think proper girls/women should not go around in belly shirts, tanks w/ no bras or daisy dukes w/ your ass hanging out the back. I have ALWAYS felt this way. Even in the late 1970's, early 80's I never wore my tube top by itself. I always wore my zippered terry cloth top over it. (darling really, it was white and had rainbow trim)
4. I love history and reading. I think these are very nerdy things but I'm very proud of them..I LOVED that I could tell Drew that the Bloody Mary drink was not named after a bloody Blessed Mother yet it was named after Mary Queen of Scots because she wanted to kill all the "non Catholics".. There was lots of blood and dead people and beheadings..there must have been vodka too??
5. I will dress like a nerd and not care about it. My shoes are often "granny"..I have black Mary Jane's that I LOVE.. I don't wear heals and like turtlenecks, sweaters, tshirts and jeans. I very rarely wear dresses. I also don't like socks and my feet smell.
6. Celebrity Gossip.. Yeah, I like it...and that is kind of gay/nerdy of a thing to like. I KNOW Britney got new hair extensions today and that Xtina posed new for Marie Claire. I know that Mel B didn't win Dancing w/ the Stars and I don't even watch that show. You want OLD celebrity gossip? Did you know that Bing Cosby used to abuse his children. Seems that back in the day he was a bit of a nasty mean drunk and he BEAT those kids. At least that is what the older boys from the first marriage said. They would briefly show up on the Christmas Shows w/ matching plaid pants. His darling daughter Mary from marriage #2 said Daddy was a saint. At least that is how I remember it.
7. I love the underdog. Unless my "team" is playing I'm always routing for the underdog.. When it comes to fiction or real life I want the least good looking, dorky one to win..and get the girl..
Ponch and Jon.. Jon
The Beatles... George
Hardy Boys.. Parker Stevenson
Charlies Angels.. Sabrina
CBS Hour Drama shows
Love Boat.. Gopher
Only automatic drive cars
NO body piercing or tattoos
Ok...I have been complaining about trying to get into the holiday mood of things. So far we have a tree in the foyer..I little plug in jobby, you may have seen my picture of it up on the blogger header.
I have been listening to Holly 103 and Traditional 104 on my drive home every day.
Ummmm and I've been thinking about it alot. J and I discussed Christmas plans last night, that is a step in the right direction.
When we were at my MIL's house we talked about how during the holidays we never get to do what WE want to do. It always seems that we are trying to please someone else. My MIL asked me; "well what do YOU want to do". I had to stop and think about that. No one has ever ASKED me what I wanted. I don't know what I want. Maybe that is my problem.
So I started thinking about what I have liked about the holidays in the past. Don't get me wrong I don't have evil childhood memories or anything like that. Santa was VERY good to me.
I always liked going to holiday parties.
I love dressing in red and green..velvet, velour.
Christmas music in the background.
I loved when my friend used to have everyone over and play board games.
I liked going caroling when I was younger.
I love sweaters and turtlenecks w/ cheesy Christmas things.
I like Christmas socks.
I love to receive presents more than give presents.
I like cheesy Christmasy/Hallmark specials on TV
I like childrens Christmas shows like Rudolf and The Year Without A Santa Clause
I love going to Mass on Christmas Eve
I like eating Ravioli on Christmas Day
As soon as I have a house large enough to entertain I am making people come to ME...I am going to open gifts with my family on Christmas Eve..I don't want to go anywhere except Church on Christmas Eve...I want to open gifts then go to bed. Then in the morning I want to cook...I want people to come in and out of my house ALL day brining me presents....NO I mean eating food and having drinks and playing games and watching TV. That is what I want. Now there is barely room for the three of us and the three pets.. Next house I guess.... Yep..that is what I truley want.
I am TRYING to get into the Christmas spirit but it isn't working. I turn on holiday music and I've even gone as far as sprucing up the blog..I think it feels less Fally now doesn't it?
We are going to put up decorations at my mother in law's on Saturday. I guess there is no reason J and I don't start doing stuff around the house this weekend. He always wants to include Drew... poor kid could care less.. I of course was the worst as a child. I HATED putting up the tree and bringing up the boxes from the basement and then wrapping the gifts. I'm the same way to this day..although being w/ J makes it more fun..he enjoys decorating so much it rubs off a bit. Maybe I'll be more in the spirit when we get the house decorated.
I'll take any ideas on making the blog more holidayish.. Should I change the colors?
WHAT A GAME!!
That was fun! Kansas really didn't have a very tough schedule this year and the pundints of NCAA Football kept talking about how great they were. Mizzou NEVER was behind. The game ended w/ a safety..which was a bit hysterical.
My SIL lives in Kansas, just over the border. She had friends over, all KU alumn..only she and her husband were routing for the Tigers.
That would have been fun to be at that game, but damn it looked cold.
Now we have next Saturday...playing Oklahoma..who was our only loss of the season for the Big 12 Title.
Jack is spending the night at Grandma and Grandpas...that means BB gets to sleep until she wakes up, beauty!
I almost forgot to post today...I was able to sleep late, then I took Jack for puppy grooming. Hims gotta a shampoo that smells like gingerbread and his toenails cut and his toofers brushed. He was THRILLED...let me tell you.
Tonight I took Dad and Aunt Norma to church. They were celebrating Christmas On The Hill..which I forgot about. It looks beautiful though down in the hood. Everything is decorated and there are lights up. Santa is there as well as carriage rides.
Father ended mass with "If you would like to stay a while and listen to the Christmas Caroles you can...or you can just stay and pray for Mizzou".
We're off to my Mother In Laws! M I Z Z O U...cheer along with me! This is for #1~
You do not need a child to take some time out and see Enchanted! We took Drew this afternoon to a packed theater and laughed our booties off. This movie has everything. Patrick Dempsy, Pretty Princess, Talking Chipmunk, Wicked Step-Mother..singing, dancing...and roaches cleaning the living room. I guess it was a chick flick and would be best for "little girls" that adore princesses but it really has something for everyone. I'd love to see it again!
In other news...DID YOU SEE ARKANSAS UPSET LSU!!!!!!!! OMG!!!
So tomorrow's game Mizzou VS Kansas is HUGE. The winner will move into the #1 spot! We had planned our afternoon around the game. Then of course they moved the game to 7pm..Primetime TV and all. Some friends were getting together but we couldn't do both. We're going to my MIL's house w/ about 15 other family members..we're calling it our "football Turkey burp"...We'll eat any leftovers that they have and watch football. All except one of my step-brothers-in-law....who says that he must be home alone to watch the game..which I totally can appreciate.
It's so COOL that today is only Friday! Gotta Love that!!
OK, I bitched and moaned the other day and warned that I would be creating a Thankful post this week. Of course we are all thankful for the basics in life, we should live everyday thankful for our health, loved ones, roofs over our heads and food in our mouth's. If we are NOT thankful and overlook and take for granted the obvious then karma is more than likely going to bite you in the ass..I'm just saying..you will also be moved to Santa's naughty list.
SO I would like to make mention of the things that are the gravy in life that I am thankful for:
*My DVR that works. I FINALLY called Dish and threatened to rip their heads of if they didn't fix my DVR so I could record my shows. I told the tech that I was ready to do whatever I had to so I could get that sob working. Yeah...I had to power it off and on to reset it. It works FINE now. I am now a much nicer person to live with since I don't revolve my life around television.
*Gutenberg and his lovely invention. NO not Steve Guttenburg from The Police Academy Movies and Three Men and A Baby Fame...I'm talking 'bout the German guy who invented the printing press. I LOVE LOVE LURVE books. I like the Internet alot, don't' get me wrong. I just love having the paper in my hand..dust jacket falling off and that smell of the paper..It's awesome.
*Running Water. I have mentioned this before. Turning on the faucet and drinking clean water. Taking a shower, a bath..flushing the toilet. Washing my clothes in a machine!! Watering my lawn, running in the sprinkler. Running Water is fricking AWESOME!!!
*Movie Theaters. This is a place where you can go and watch a movie on a huge screen. You can enjoy the laughter, tears and drama with other people who have chosen to be in that same room at the same time. They will sell you tons of yummy food like popcorn, icee's, soda, candy, hot dogs, nachos. You can eat it in your SEAT then leave your garbage under your chair if you want. (yeah I do that, I'm guilty..gives those kids something to sweep up). Now of course this isn't free but neither is the running water, books or dvr..this is about being Thankful not about being cheap.
* *Gold Peak Iced Tea DIET. I look forward to that time everyday when I can go to the fridge here at work and push aside the water and have my iced tea. It's diet so I don't even have to feel guilty. It tastes like Sweet Tea. The bottle is cool too and I feel cool drinking it. this was not a paid endorsement although if I were ever contacted by Gold Peak I would LOVE to do paid advertisement cause I could SELL this stuff. When I LOVE something I can sell it. I started selling it to the gal giving away free samples at the BBQ competition in KC..I wanted to make sure she understood, as well as everyone around the tasting booth that this was NOT the other stuff. This was quality tea a step above the other stuff. You have to watch out though, in a shopping bag the bottles can break easy.
* Flannel and Cotton. These are two fabrics that I love. They are like the comfort food of clothes. A little cotton or flannel added to a shirt, sweat pants, jammie pants... makes you want to relax.
Well that is just a COUPLE things. I could go on and on...and will at a later date. I plan to have Thanksgiving pictures tomorrow. Hopefully I can get the GD camera to work indoors, I've been having indoor issues. I've asked Santa for a new camera for Christmas. Hopefully I can be thankful for that new Canon, Nikon, Sony, Kodak gift on December 26th!!
..back to work.
..funk has lifted a bit and I can feel most of my face yet my lip is still a little goofy..
So yesterday shortly after I posted I started feeling funny. My face felt like I had a shot of novicane. It was all numb and tingly. I felt really tired too. I called the doctors office but they were at lunch. A coworker thought it would be a good idea to call the exchange, I did and they said to go to the ER.
Oh the stories from the ER. First off, after an EKG, Blood Work, CT Scan and X Rays they came back that I have Bells Palsy.
Year and a half ago I was diagnosed with Adies Tonic Pupil. I have to think these are somehow related, that I have a rouge virus attacking my nervous system.
8 hours in the ER I saw Santa Clause come in, the nurse wheeling him told him "you know you can't say ho ho ho anymore" Santa wasn't amused.
Then the 12 year old 5'4 County Cop came in w/ a guy in handcuffs. They were headed to XRay. The man in handcuffs screaming "I just wanted to get Fing laid"
So, it boils down to me being tired, I think I may work a half day. The feeling is almost all the way back in my face..and I have to follow up with my primary care doctor.
Fun, Fun, Fun.
So, did you watch the American Music Awards last night? I did! I finally got the DVR working in the bedroom so I recorded Amazing Race, Cold Case and Shark. J and I decided if the AMA's got boring we would just turn on the Amazing Race..well the AMA's did NOT get borning. That was a great show. Of course there was some PG13 commentary by Jimmy Kimbell but it was funny stuff.
Highlights of the show for me:
Did I mention Duran Duran
Sugarland and Beyonce
Oh..and Duran Duran
I am NOT making this up, I couldn't if I had tried. There are somethings, like a dream that you have to write down right away because you are afraid you will forget. SO this is what happened...
We decided to get mom and dad fried chicken tonight, well Chicken fried steak for mom cause she doesn't eat chicken.
We went to Pat's Bar and Grill for take out..they are the BEST in St Louis. Honest.
I called in the order and went to pick everything up. This place has an ancient Budweiser neon sign on the outside, it's on a corner, much like any other neighborhood taverns. I walked in and went straight to the end of the bar. In front of me were a vase of roses, I had to lean to the right a little to talk to the bartender who was working on the cash register. There was a man sitting at the stool to my right. Olderman, much younger though than his looks. Alcohol I would believe has aged him. Let's say that he's around 60 years old. Not bad looking, a Patrick Stewart type look with a little more hair. He has a fresh pint of beer in front of him.
I lean to the right and tell the bartender "Carry out for Mary". (Mary is easier). He says, "Yep, coming right up".
The man on the stool says to me: How's the weather out there ?
Me: Getting a little chilly.
Man: Well it's November.
Me: Yeah, you are right about that.
Man: Shouldn't it be cold in November.
Me: Well, you have to look at the jet streams, some days like Saturday you get highs near 70, other days in November it snows.
Me: It snowed November 10th 1987.
Man: What are you some type of meteorologist?
Me laughing: Yeah, well not really but I'm a freak about the weather.
Man: Do you believe in the Holy Spirit.
Me taken aback..talk about a change of subject: Yes I do.
Man: You know I know all three of them.
Me: You personally know the trinity?
Man: Well especially God the Father.
Me: Oh, I guess years of prayer will get you that type of relationship.
Man: No, it doesn't matter how much you pray. You either know him or you don't.
Man: You know the Virgin Mary?
Me: Not personally. I know someone that did have a vision of her.
Man: Who was that?
Me: Sr Rosaria, my kindergarten teacher had a vision when she was in Lourdes.
Man: I know the Virgin Mary personally too.
Me: I don't know that I know her personally, I talk to her but she doesn't talk back.
Man: Your talking to me aren't you?
Man: She knows you.
Man: She said she's very proud of you.
During this I'm signing my credit card bill, giving a 20% tip on a carryout for some reason. I told the man to have a good night and I left and just burst in to tears when I got in the car.
Now you may be Jewish, Muslim, Nothing...you may believe or not believe. But that is similar to a ghost story or other strange phenomenon..don't you think. I know it freaked me out. I left wondering if he was really sitting there?
That is how I feel. I was a little excited that I realized this morning that it was Friday..other than that bleh...
I had a super wierd dream, it had to do with Lily Walsh (character on my soap), baked potatos (which I ended up packing for lunch) and I don't know what else...then the dog was on my face and the alarm was going off..and boom it was Friday.
Next week I'll do some kind of Thanksgiving what I am thankful post. For now I'd like to bitch...cause it's my blog and I can.
I hate my job right now. Too many A personalities, nothing is getting good cause as I've said out loud to whoever will listen "it takes a fricking villiage to get ANYTHING done around here"...I hate that.
I am NOT drinking enough water. I feel chained to my desk at times and just don't fill my water glass.
I haven't gone to WW meeting for months and I can tell I have gained some weight back and I'm not happy about that. I'm still fitting in the smaller sized clothes. I need to fix this right away.
I haven't been reading much lately and it's cause the light is screwed up in the bedroom. Last night we got a new light at Target and I still don't like it.
I don't want to deal with the Thanksgiving crap. J wanted to do my family this turkey day which is fine now his mom is making me feel guilty we're not going there then I find out that logistically we CAN go there..and we should since it is the first year without her husband but why didn't we just go there in the first place. Now I don't want to go to my family...how did this happen...I screwed this all up..now I am committed from noon to 10pm...shit...
The last couple years I have gotten into college football thanks to J...I really enjoy it. J woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me #2 Oregon lost last night in an upset which technically moves Mizzou into #4 place behind the dreaded Kansas..SO I'm psyched cause we can watch the game this weekend cause Drew isn't over..it will be chilly outside...warm inside..curl up w/ the cats and dogs and some college football..I can make some chili..STOP...fricken check the schedule. Game is on at 11:30 in the morning. I have a birthday party to go to...that I WANT to go to. Who the hell plays a football game at 11:30 in the morning, especially when you are a team heading to a bowl game...then I stop and think, they played at 11:30 last week when we were there too. Then I realize it's cause the world revolves around the flipping East Coast Time Zone..Who the hell cares???? No offence LuLu...
My dvr in the bedroom still doesen't work. Why, because I don't feel like calling Dish and staying on the phone with India for a hour while we trouble shoot..then they end up sending me a new unit that I have to pay for.
OK..I'm all better now..just have to shake the funk a bit..NEXT week will be the thankful list.. it will include coffee :-)
I've been way to serious and full of photos lately.
It's a tickle your funny bone MEME...these are NOT written in stock, I have the right to change my mind :-)
Top 5 Comedians
1. Bob Newhart
2. Bill Cosby
3. Billy Crystal
4. Robin Williams
5. Frank Caliendo
Top 5 Sitcoms
1. Bill Cosby Show
2. The Jeffersons
4. All In The Family
5. I Love Lucy
Top 5 Movies
1. Knocked Up
2. Harold and Kumar go to White Castle
3. 40 Year Old Virgin
4. When Harry Met Sally
Top 5 Animated TV Shows
2. Tom and Jerry
3. Scooby Doo
4. Speed Racer
5. Jimmy Neutron
Top 5 Animated Movies
2. Finding Nemo
3. Toy Story
4. Monsters Inc.
5. Peter Pan
Top 5 Childrens Movies
1. Herbie and the Love Bug (1970's)
2. The Parent Trap (Haley Mills)
3. The Wizard of Oz
4. Pollyana (Haley Mills)
5. The Apple Dumpling Gang
I am tagging anyone who wants to smile today!!
October is breast cancer, I didn't know it but November is National Adoption Month. Click on the link if you are interested in the report that came out. I have read it a couple times and I agree with it 100%.
Adopted persons are the only individuals in the United States who, as a class, are not permitted to routinely obtain their original birth certificates. This prohibition on access to one's personal information raises significant civil rights concerns, particularly given the growing understanding of the need to know one's history, heritage, medical and genealogical data.
THIS is what it is about:
"In all of us there is a hunger, marrow deep, to know our heritage, to know who we are and where we have come from. Without this enriching knowledge, there is a hollow yearning; no matter what our attainments in life, there is the most disquieting loneliness."
-- Alex Haley (Roots)
I agree, at any age we are still treated as children. Missouri has some of the most strict laws. I hope to see changes in my lifetime.
Did you read it?? Go there them come back and read the rest of this.
Here we are on the internet. You can be whoever you want to be. You can have no name or a cute name...partially your name. You can be honest and wear your heart on your sleeve or you can lie your ass off.
You can play a joke on someone, spy on your ex-husbands girlfriend..whatever! We're adults who sometimes act immature and play around a bit on the internet, it happens.
The younger you get those the sillier you are, you may do something and hurt someones feelings. I've seen it before where someone will post something then take it back because someone will hurt someones feelings. We're "adults" and we make mistakes.
That story of what happened to Megan and her MySpace "friend" is NOT a mistake. That was adults that ON PURPOSE created a fake person so they could find out what Megan knew about their daughter? At least that is how I understand the news story. This lead to an insecure little girl (13 is still a little girl) being abused verbally by adults and children over the internet. This insecure girl killed herself. What kind of adults would ever spearhead a campaign like that? I cannot even imagine. It just really boils my blood that such horrible people exsist. You do NOT teach your children how to be mean to other children, you just don't do that. There is a bad seed that started WAY early..because if these people who I would assume are in their 20's, 30's or 40's taught there daughter that..what did their parents teach them. Hopefully that ex-friend can break the cycle and become a better person than her parents.
I don't know these people but I can tell you this summer we were at that parish for a soccer game. There was a volleyball game going on in the gym and I wonder if Megan was there. I wonder if she was hoping her game would be done early so she could go home and hear from Josh.
I don't know that the public will ever know who these people are. I just hope that they will learn how cruel they are and take responsibility for what they did and that they will learn how to be good parents. As for the Meier's....there aren't words
**www.ktrs.com The mother, Tina is on the radio right now.****
I did this w/ a couple clicks of a button.. this was the last morning glory that was alive on the vine...it was on the ground laying on some leaves.
We say Fred Clause. OMG it is hysterical. Personally for a holiday movie I liked it better than Tim Allen's The Santa Clause. Here are the things I liked about the movie:
* Vince Vaughn
* Big Name Actors
* Adult humor without being dirty or offensive
* The spirit of Christmas without being too sappy
* Fresh ideas..you had an idea how it was going to end but you were still anxious to follow it to the end.
* Surprises..there was one scene in particular that had me in a giggle fit.
* Worth your time...We left with smiles on our faces
* Realistic...for a Santa Clause movie
I would suggest Kindergarten and up. There is a plot to the movie, any younger than that they may bet bored.
Date movie..why not. I would have enjoyed it just as much if there wasn't a child sitting next to me.
We were going to see the Bee Movie today but instead have decided we are going to see Fred Clause. I LOVE Vince Vaughn..hopefully this is good.
So far we've gone to church and I've been doing laundry. Nothing real exciting. Drew is watching Drake and Josh and J is in the bedroom watching the Rams.
Hopefully Mizzou will come out around 5th or 6th in the polls today. That was hysterical that Illinois beat Ohio St...Awesome! There were some of the best Anti Kansas T shirts yesterday. Bright gold shirt: Side one said KANSAS SUCKS, the reverse side said AND SWALLOWS TOO...
It suchs cause Kansas has had such a lame schedule and they are ranked higher. Well Mizzou Plays Kansas at a neutral site (KC) coming up in a few weeks, that will be interesting.
Go check out my pictures, they turned out pretty good!
da da da da da...you say it's your birthday...da da da da da da It's my birthday too yeah..
SO...yes it's my birthday...I woke up at the crack of dawn and all I've done is eat all day.
I don't feel like telling you how I ran into my friend Cheryl or how pretty and awesome the weather was or how spectacular the leaves were..so I'm going to tell you all about what I ate today. This is a list, almost in order.
Coffee, oatmeal, pumpkin spice crispy cream donut, bowl of chili, bloody mary, chicken wings, chocolate chip cookie, scrambled eggs and sausage breakfast burrito, mimosa/screwdriver, bottle of water, mr pibb, slice of pizza, chocolate ice cream, 7-up, chicken wings, gingerbread cookie, chocolate chip cookie, brownie, fries, cheeseburger, large coffee...all that within waking up, tailgate party, winning top 10 football game and the 2 hour drive home..it's 7:24pm.
I have filled my napuolieouimomom obligation...I should have pictures of Flickr by tomorrow.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE a good story. Some of my fellow bloggers have gotten to telling some really good stories right now. You can catch up if you would like to.
Linda just did part one and part two of how she went from a naive high school drop out teenager to a college educated mother of three...leaving a couple idiot's in the dust.
Bossy has on the left side of her blog her family story in pictures.
Val has been posting her grandma's diary..she's gotten busy and hasn't posted as much, but I know she'll get back to it.. Grandma loves Grandpa SO much...you know they are going to get engaged soon. I also love Grandma's diary.. for a weekend she'll note that she washed her hair :-)
Pioneer Woman has been posting about meeting the hunky Marboro Man. Can you believe she gave up Chicago and Starbucks??? Yeah..have you seen the pictures of MM?
Then there is Hot From the Furnace. We're getting the first love/high school story. It's a little steam. The finale there is on Monday so you have time to catch up.
Happy Reading...next time you hear from me I'll be 41!!
Just overnight..no biggy. I really didn't pack a bag. I left everything out on the chair w/ a note of "what to bring". Hopefully J packs everything in the car. I have the tickets so we're set there.
We're off to tailgate and watch football.
It's about a 2 hour drive to Columbia, MO from here. We're staying at a hotel overnight, we need to get up early in order to start the breakfast burritos by 8:30. So by tomorrow at this time I will have had a bloody mary, breakfast burrito and visited the porta potty in the parking lot.
Last year when we went to the game we had Charlie and Ed...J's step dad and Uncle, hard to believe the are both gone. We've decided to keep this an annual tradition. In 2 years J's neice Kate will be going to Mizzou, even more reason to go.
SO..11:30 cst game, Mizzou and Texas A&M...look for me, I'll be the girl in the black turtleneck screaming "score a touchdown, it's my birthday".
No, not Drew...I'm talking about Jack. He's going to flunk puppy training. We go there and he sits under the chair and shakes. Last night he did manage to walk a little on his leach. The little puppies scare him. He met the groomer who was walking around the floor of the store and you would have sworn that he saw a ghost or a crazy dog killer. He was SO scared. Then he goes up to this guy that looks like a gangster and he's lickin on his leg. I just don't understand.
It was classic though, the teacher leans in to me real quite like and says, "I think your baby might have to repeat this class, we'll do it free of charge".
I felt like such a failure. I wanted him to sit for her, I felt like I had to prove something to these other people in my class...I kept saying "well at home he'll do it".. Agghhh, how embarrasing.
We got home though last night and J fixed dinner; chicken and rice thing that was quite yummy..it was 8:30 and I wanted to watch Criminal Minds which was recording. Jack didn't want to sit up in the bed with me so I put him on the floor. Next thing I hear J yelling " BAD DOG...BAD DOG...LOOK WHAT YOU DID..." Jack reached WAY up and pulled J's bowl of chicken and rice off of the couch and onto the floor. Yesterday he did it w/ J's poptart (new Gingerbread kind)... I tried really hard but I had to chuckle a little bit.. I mean that CUTE little face pulling food down..he can barely reach the flipping couch. He has to use his stairs to get up to the red couch.
Oh well...at least my step son is and A student and makes us very proud.
In high school my BFF D and I were FREAKS over Duran Duran..her Simon, me John.
This was MY favorite..and still is my favorite Duran Duran Song.
Did you here Justin Timberlake is teaching them moves?? WTF??
Reason being: They are coming out w/ a NEW album. Yep, I already bought the single on iTunes, it rocks... Yeah I'm sounding my age....going away...guess I should work..Love John Talyor still...he's still hot at his age..OK bye...
I stole this idea.
Tuesday Top Ten things that I have been thinking about blogging but am either too lazy, too busy or not creative enough to put into words.
- It's 2007, almost 2008 and I work in an "old boys club" and the stupid thing is some of these "boys" are younger than me. It pisses me off.
- I have been procrastinating more than usual..and it's going to screw me up.
- I'm turing 41 on Saturday. For the most part I'm going to start punching a new button when doing suveys. That 41-50 button. How the hell did that happen?
- The writers strike MAY allow for a February premier of an all new Big Brother!!
- Back to procrastinating, I don't know what we're doing for Thanksgiving.
- My mother is driving me crazy since all she is doing is complaining and won't DO anything to help herself or allow people to help her, she just wants to complain.
- Puppy really needs more attention. I should be trying to walk him more but when I come home from work I just don't make extra time for him.
- The Aruba clock is ticking. I need to start looking at airlines, OH and winning the lottery.
- I haven't gone to a Weight Watchers Meeting or gotten on the scale in a month. My smaller clothes still fit. I think that Weight Watchers and Catholisim are realted. They are both REALLY good about making people feel guilty.
- I like November OK..but I am NOT a fan of the Christmas holiday crap.
Uuuggggg. I hate that the writers are on strike. It doesn't bother me that the late night shows went to reruns...cause I really don't watch them much anyway. It's just that I don't want my shows all interrupted. I remember last time this happened you had your reruns then boom new..and what was new and what was a rerun.
Of course they have shows already written so we are OK for a little while. I don't know all of the details and I don't really care. Just get it overwith...soon.
Speaking of TV, The Amazing Race started on Sunday. J and I were like little kids. We love the new teams. I'm routing hard for Grandpa and Grandson but I doubt the make it far, my other favorite was the Dad/Daughter team from Washington. "Who's your daddy?"...we were cracking up.
Tonight is my TV night: NCIS and The Unit. I also have to run and pick up my glasses...got lenses in my other pair.
I have to get my drivers license renewed this week. I remember getting it 7 years ago thinking, "OMG I'll be almost 41 when I have to get this renewed, SO OLD"...yeah..what a putz I was.
Umm..did you go over and see miss Slade and read her HYSTERICAL Sea World story? If not I command you to go to the previous post and click on the link and then leave her some lovin.
Well this weekend I was able to watch 3..count them three..tre movies.
I watched Crossing Delancy. How did I get out of the 80's without ever seeing that? It was good! I have issues w/ Amy Irving..but I liked the movie. It goes to show how tough the "women's lib" thing was. Now women don't care anymore...they actually want to get married. I think the difference is that men have changed...at least their perception of what women do.
I watched Eragon. WOW. I totally loved that. The kids all went and say it at the movie theater, I missed it. I LOVE dragons and elves and fantasy. Is it bad that I thought Ed Speelers the kid who played Eragon was hot? Well he was. He reminded me of that McNaughten kid that I had a HUGE crush on, you know the older brother in ET.
Then yesterday J and I went to see Bourne Ultimatum. Yes, it was still in the theater near me. WOW that was fun. It may have been better at home though. I had to go potty...and I know I missed something. Pause would have been good.
Time to work...today is going to be nutty...we're getting portraits taken..I had to wear a suit and bring my make up. Fun.
Oh...I made the newspaper yesterday, the black and white printed one...it was just a little quote and snarky. They asked on the online version what you were going to do when the shut the highway down....back up...on January 2nd they are closing the main East West Highway for 2 years. People are going to have to take alternative ways around town. I said "I know how to get from SW City to Dorsett Road using side streets, if you don't know how to do that I'm not going to tell you"...that not be word for word but you get the gist. So am I published now?
Happy Sunday. Love those clocks changing. Dad and I went to 11am mass today. We went to the Italian mass. Yes, the whole thing except the homily was in Italian.
Dad's mom and dad came from an area outside of Milan in the late 1800's. Dad is the 2nd youngest of the children. The last, my Aunt Norma was born in 1925. They were American. Oh yes there were still traditions but they spoke English in the house. They were taught to be proud to be an American. Dad still gets teary eyed every time he hears the National Anthem, he is a WWII veteran which adds to his pride.
Some families in the neighborhood were VERY Italian, the type that still spoke the language and raised their children like they were in the old country. The majority of these were the Sicilians. We did have polenta dinner traditions and a mix of slang American/Italian/Sicilian words were spoken...but we were always more American than many of our neighbors.
Dad didn't understand most of the mass, he was raised with the mass in Latin, Italian of course is also a romance language, but for an 87 year old man he was a bit clueless.
Dad enjoyed the choir though. He had tears in his eyes as they sang to San Ambrogio. Of course the parish is the only one our family has even been members of.
Next Italian mass is in January. He said he would like to go again.
It's Saturday afternoon and I'm at my computer at home. Bizzaro.
Last night went fine, bunch of women sitting around drinking cocktails standing around an island in the kitchen full of food...then we went into the living room and gabbed more...then I went home. They were going to watch Pride and Prejudice but I new if I stayed any longer I would want to become one with the couch.
Today I've made a Dairy Queen and Target run. Then we brought Drew to his aunt's house downtown. She just moved into the loft district. It was beautiful downtown. I wish I would have thought to take some pictures. There were people all around w/ dogs and kids. Mostly younger but there was a mix. We're just about 8 minutes from downtown.
This afternoon we're going to watch Mizzou/Colorado...I think we're going to skip the band tonight.
I better go do something useful. Thanks for allowing me to bore you in order to do this once a day thing. :-)
I actually blogged over there...Do I do both? I'm so confused.
Well I'm doing the pajama party where I have to come home. No booze for me :-(. I hate being around a bunch of drunk idiots when I can't be one too. They don't have far to drive, I'll have like 30 miles. Nothing to risk anymore.
We're selling these new digital cameras at work, I'm going to try mine out tonight so I'll have pictures!!
Top 150!! I stole this meme from My Life Bean TOO FUN. You highlight the things that you have actually done. Of course in MP fashion I'm going to make comments cause that is what I do. This may take all afternoon. Good that will give me something to do in between work!! I think that EVERYONE should do this!
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink (why would I want to do that?)
2. Swam with wild dolphins (maybe some day)
03. Climbed a mountain (not on purpose)
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive (I can't drive a stick)
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid (Does the Luxor in Vegas count?)
06. Held a tarantula (eww)
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone (the cat was in the room)
08. Said “I love you” and meant it
09. Hugged a tree (I think I was drunk and it was holding me up)
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea (is there anything more awesome!?)
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg (only the lettuce kind)
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s diaper (why is this on the list??)
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon (I want to)
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne (my stomach does flip flops thinking about it)
24. Given more than you can afford to charity (it's cause they serve alcohol at those functions)
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger (I actually bought a fireman at an auction..again with those charity things that involve alcohol)
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb (wtf??)
33. Seen a total eclipse (I dunno if it was TOTAL...if it was I guess it wasn't that memorable)
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run (um wouldn't that involve playing a sport?)
36.Danced like a fool and didn’t care who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states ( I WILL someday)
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country (he looked like Booger from Revenge of the Nerds..long story)
44. Watched whales
45. Stolen a sign (I'm saying yes cause I drive the get away car. We stole Pardee and Plant ..on the same night. I'm thinking it was a Robert Plant thing..it was the 80's)
46. Backpacked in Europe (I prefer hotels)
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing (hell no, that is an accident waiting to happen)
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland (damn, I really want to highlight that)
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them (yeah..at those family style places..not because I was rude)
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Played touch football (in the mud, I should get bonus points)
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business (I would do massages in your home!)
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days (why in God's name would you do that?)
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice (had the opportunity a couple times, you may as well as, "have you ever ridden in a canoe in the sewer"..no thanks)
80. Gotten a tattoo (only the temporary kind)
81. Rafted the Snake River (no only the lame Missouri rivers)
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”
83. Gotten flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music (on my cassette player)
87. Eaten shark (tastes like chicken)
88. Kissed on the first date (who needs a date?)
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror (in the audience at the Avalon)
96. Raised children (baby sat and been doing the step mom thing)
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Passed out cold
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country (along the dikes in Holland..it was very cool!)
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge (I rode across..didn't walk)
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication (my letter to the editor made it)
106. Lost over 100 pounds (not yet)
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart
111. Helped an animal give birth ( I think they can do that on their own)
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone (hairline fracture only)
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol (they were blanks)
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse (poor horsey..there are pictures on my flickr)
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet (why)
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states (hmmm I should count..it's gotta be close)
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days (I would have been really lost)
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi (always try it)
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Touched a cockroach (not on purpose)
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey (one of these days)
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read (Jane Austen..they read it in the "a" group..I did it on my own)
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office ( does it matter that no one ran against me)
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts (you smokin crack?)
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident
150. Saved someone’s life
It's November, can you believe that? It feels like November today. Chilly Willy when I got up.
From what I understand we had more kids yesterday trick or treating than we've had in 10 years. It helps that the people down the street do a haunted house. Why do I say "from what I understand"...well cause I was at Petsmart with Jack for puppy training. Oy Vay.
Jack is scared silly. I do NOT understand it at all. I think I need to use the leash and collar more, I think that is freaking him out. Due to it being Halloween and all our class was small and rather uneventful. We had a sub teacher w/ a witch hat. Jack was scared of her, I was a little too.
Jack walked on his leash but he wouldn't do any of the "drop it", "leave it" stuff. He was not the least bit interested in his treats. We decided to switch out and get a regular collar instead of the harness thing. Maybe that wouldn't freak him out as much. Then he was scared to death of the other puppies...little dogs.. after class the witch teacher and I were looking at collars and this white pit bull comes strolling down the aisle..and Jack's all, "Ooooo I want her to be my girlfriend"...and they are all sniffing and stuff. WTF, the teacher freaked. Sweet little puppies..NO...big ole Pit Bull..Oh Yeah. I guess Jack is going to be one of those guys that lives on the edge.
Yesterday was also dad's birthday. I had to remind him how old he was. He's funny.
Today we're having a bachelor party at work. How gay is that? Justin is getting married, he invited his boss..that's it. So we're having a lunch for him. How dumb. I'm sure he would have rather that the boys plan a happy hour.. Oh well free lunch.
Dog the Bounty Hunter is a racist, is anyone surprised? They cancelled his show and he went running to Al Sharpton w/ his tail between his legs. I don't like Al Sharpton.
Those TV writers better not go on strike. That will totally screw up my world.
Jeremy wants to go see a band on Saturday. We'll see. It is the time change weekend and all. While I was puppy training he was giving out candy and hanging w/the neighbors. He found out our neighbors boyfriend is in a band. It would be fun. I'm going to a pajama party Friday. If you hear pajama party don't you think "sleep over". I think stay up late, drink alot, play board games then fall asleep on the couch or floor. Well it's not a sleep over. So now there is no drinking and I'll have to leave early so I'm not too tired to drive home...I'm in uncharted territory since it's out in god's country at my sister-in-laws. Makes me kinda not want to go. I hate driving at night by myself. I have to go though or my in laws would kill me. I can't wear my pajamas if I'm driving...I don't have any sweats that fit me...the only ones that do are capri's. I'm awfully whiny.
OK...back to work. Check out my flickr pics..I made a poster and a magazine cover...oh and one of those motivational pictures. I'm talented!!