10.15.2007

Health and Wellness Update



So, I missed the wake and funeral of my young, old co-woker Leona. Lisa said that they had her dressed in jeans and her favorite purple turtle neck and "dress jacket".. I told you she was a country girl. Leona's organs saved 3 people!! Isn't that awesome!


I can't understand why you wouldn't want to do that.


I'm still sad that I couldn't go and have closure..I know that is a bit selfish. Lisa brought me a card from the funeral parlor. He was 3 years older than me. Her life though was crazy..she did alot more in her 44 years than I've done in mine.




So I went to the eye doc. You know how I was freaking out about the night driving. It's almost been a year since I got my first pair of glasses. Doc said my perscription changed but other than that it's my Adies Tonic. She said that some people benefit from having a light on in their car at night. It helps with the pupil dialation. I don't know, I guess I'm going to try the new perscription first.. Oh and I have "night glasses". They are my regular perscription but with a yellow tint. It makes everything a little brighter...that way there isn't such a stark contrast with the headlights. Crazy shit. My mom is freaking out cause I'm the child w/ the 20/20 vision. I know that my biological mom wore glasses when she was a teenager, it was only a matter of time I guess.


So this is what the new ones will look like w/ the yellow lenses...sounds freaky..but if I can see who cares!
I also have sunglasses..that is the tiny image. They are big enough to cover my entire eye but not make me look like Nicole Richie. So when the yellow tints and sunglasses are in then I have to give them back my current glasses and they will switch out the lenses. I will have day glasses w/magnetic sunshades, sunglasses and night time glasses.. I should be set, at least for this year!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Tres chic glasses there, MP! I wants me a pair!

I've never heard of the yellow tint for night driving. I have really bad night blindness, but I wear contacts, so maybe I'll just check into getting some yellow tinted glasses to wear at night. I'll check with my doc...

Biddy said...

super stinkin cute glasses! maybe a yellow tint is what i need!

then again, it would be nice if i could find my glasses!

Unknown said...

I just got new glasses Friday, I'm loving them. I had no idea about the yellow tint for night driving. How interesting. I don't see as well at night, but the light on in the car makes it worse for me.

Girl from Pennsylvania said...

Thank you for your sweet sweet comments on my whiny post! You are an absolute doll!

S said...

Those are some awesome glasses, though!

Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

nice specks...I am starting to have a crappy time seeing at night too. If something is luminated I can't read it.