5.15.2008

If you read, make sure to pick up The Year of Fog

Wow...I can't put this book down! I had to stop and write a little review and I'm not even finished with the book.

Even though I was in the middle of a book and my eyes are hurting I couldn't put the book down. I started it yesterday when we were at Dave and Busters w/ Drew. I got home and read until American Idol.. (Syesha was robbed) and then I read until I went to bed. Well I'll take that back, I read until J said, "You know you are going to be really crabby and tired if you don't get to bed.

I was SO into this book I didn't even watch Criminal Minds and CSI NY last night.
I brought the book to work today and plan on reading at lunch..and I usually don't take lunch.

Here is what happens in the first 2 pages..and you will see this if you click the link. Abby is going to get married to Jake. Jake has a 6 year old daughter Emma. Emma's mom is totally out of the picture. Jake goes of on a guys weekend and Emma and Abby are at the beach in San Francisco..searching for sand dollars and taking pictures. In a matter of minutes Emma just disappears into the fog. She isn't anywhere to be found. You feel what Emma is feeling, she's scared, angry and sad. I highly recommend this. $12 at Target and it's marked for the 20% off book club right now.

5 comments:

DeeDee said...

I'll definitely have to pick this one up. I've recently started reading big girl books again. Since I've pretty much read nothing that didn't have the words green eggs and/or ham somewhere in the title for about three years now!

I just finished Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult and it was one that I COULD.NOT. put down myself! It's about a school shooting and it's told from several different perspectives. Very intense.

In case you didn’t know, I found your blog through DadGoneMad. I've posted a complete list of everyone who left their blog link on his Big Big Stars post a while back in a post of my own in April called Blog Rolling With My Homies over on my blog, so if you want to see it come on over and sit a spell. I don't bite..…that hard anyway!

If you did know just overlook this and pretend I said something funny since my brain feels like mush from trying to comment on all 217 on the list because somebody had the bright idea to challenge me to it!!

Anonymous said...

Jeez! just what i need is another damn book! It sounds sooooo interesting though! I'll have to go pick it up.....

Red Lotus Mama said...

Oooooooooooh! Sounds like a fantastic summer read! With Harry Potter finished (sob) I need to fill my "book void". It has been impossible to get myself motivated to read something other than Harry Potter. This might just get me out of my slump!

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing with a good book. I just can't put it down once it sucks me in. This sounds like my kind of book. It already sounds great and it was such a tease. Target here I come.

I agree that Syeshia got robbed. I wanted to see her and Cook in the final two. I like Archuletta but how many times are you gonna forget your words!?

Anonymous said...

missouri auto insurance Heya i got to your site by mistake when i was searching bing for something off topic here but i do have say your site is really helpful, like the theme and the content on here…so thanks for me procrastinating from my previous task, lol Maria - texas auto insurance